Koperasi Co-opbank Pertama Malaysia Berhad is a co-operative society that was established under the Malaysian Co-operative Societies Act 1993 and registered on the 7 June 1950 under its original name "The Province Wellesley Co-operative Banking Union Limited". In 1959 the name was changed to “Bank Persatuan Kerjasama Seberang Perai Berhad” and then in 1995 it was changed again, this time to “Koperasi Bank Persatuan Malaysia Berhad” and in 2014 the name was then changed to “Koperasi Co-opbank Persatuan Malaysia Berhad”.
The Association’s 59th Annual General Delegates Meeting on 29 April 2018 had approved the amendment made to the CBP By-Laws (UUK), involving the change of CBP name from “Koperasi Co-opbank Persatuan Malaysia Berhad” to be named as “Koperasi Co-opbank Pertama Malaysia Berhad” after that.
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Control by the Members
- Members’ Involvement in Economic Activities
- Freedom of Autonomy
- Education, Training and Information
- Cooperation Between Cooperatives
- Caring for the Community
To Be the Best Shariah-compliant Co-operative Bank in Malaysia
We are committed to providing financial services to the community for :-
- Provide the best returns to customers and members
- Improving the welfare of its members
- Offering competitive banking products with integrity
- Practicing core values in every cooperative principle